Location: Duty Station Nigeria (Abuja)
Reports To: Country Director
Salary Level: C1
Closing Date: November 18, 2015 - expired
The Institutional Fundraising Manager will lead the charge for pursuing current and future opportunities for all donors including DFID, EU, OFDA, US based foundations, Corporate organizations as well as UN Agencies to raise funds for Oxfam programmes in Nigeria; to build relationship with potential donors; to develop programs with staff and partners; to ensure quality and consistency in relationships with institutional donors; and to support programme teams, in planning and managing their funds.
In collaboration with the Dakar -based OGB Regional Programme Funding Team (RPFT), and The Hague based Oxfam Novib External Funding (EFU) team, support the OGB Country Programme Teams in Nigeria (50%) & Novib Nigeria Programme (50%), the job holder will:
- Identify and develop new funding relations; researching appropriate future funding opportunities from institutional donors and private sector; serve as lead writer as appropriate and proposal development coordinator; identify and incorporate best practices from Oxfam and other programs into proposals; develop and maintain strategic alliances and/or coalitions with other organizations as they pertain to proposal development processes; and build and maintain relationships with potential, current, and past donors.
- University degree in relevant area or proven experience at this level.
- At least 5 years of work experience in the field of development cooperation, preferably with NGOs.
- Three years experience of raising funds, preparing project proposals for DFID, EU, OFDA, US based foundations, Corporate organizations as well as and UN Agencies and other institutional donors which are predominant in Nigeria, preferably for NGOs as well as experience with donors’ rules and regulations Significant capacity building and training experience.
- Good communication and facilitation skills for multi-actor processes.
- High level numeracy, budgeting, financial reporting and IT skills.
- Works effectively with others in a team situation to achieve fundraising targets.
- Organisational awareness – understanding how to get what information and who to keep informed.
- Excellent research skills – knowledge of how to find new sources of funding for advocacy work.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal; experience of writing proposals and reports.
- Experience of capacity building non-funding staff in all aspects of funding and contract compliance & able to facilitate training sessions.
- Ability to represent Oxfam to donors and external institutions, good networking skills.
- Influencing skills and tenacity.
- Good administrative skills and ability to follow departmental procedures.
- Experience with project cycle management (planning, monitoring, reporting, evaluation, and learning).
For more information and application procedure, please download the full and detailed Job Profile.